Thursday, May 29, 2008

The dress that started this all.

So I've had this somewhat recent obsession with tails. Taken to the extreme is Falsetto's outfit from Eternal Sonata (which I totally want, even if I would look ridiculous in it).

And, well, I came across this 1882 dress while browsing Antique Dress

This was in essence my Dress-Of-The-Day. Then in the process of researching victorian era dresses and figuring out where the seam lines are, I decided that I really liked the victorian era styles (probably because they actually have a waist), and I wanted more dresses to muse over and add to my infinite project list. In any case, duplicating this dress is now about two or three down on my project list, in pale green chinese brocade with either dark green or lavender accents (probably dark green).

No comments:

Post a Comment